• School population of approximately 1,762 (as of 10/25/2019) consists of a diverse group of students
• Approximately 7.0% African American, 30.2% Hispanic, 56.7% White, 0.2% American Indian, 1.5% Asian, 4.4% Two or More Races
• Approximately 17.7% Economically Disadvantaged, 2.5% English Language Learners, 8.2% Special Education
• Austin’s only high school Fine Arts Academy
• Public, open enrollment campus established in 1953, additionally the only high school Fine Arts Academy in AISD which is an application and acceptance process.
• Comprehensive college preparatory program and vocational courses grades 9 – 12
• Accredited by the Texas Education Agency and the Southern Association of Secondary Schools
• DELTA program on campus for high-risk and potential drop-out students
• Regular, Special Education, Honors and Advanced Placement courses
• Beginning 2011-2012 school year – 8 course block schedule, 4 periods per day 90 minutes. Prior to – 7 period day 55 minutes.
• Recipient of Southwest Region “Outstanding Advanced Placement School”
• Dual Enrollment courses at Austin Community College for upper classmen; 164 students participated 2013-14
• Recommended High School Graduation Plan requires a minimum of 26 credits; 4-years each of English, Math, Science, Social Studies and two years of Language Other than English.
• Distinguished Graduation Plan requires a minimum of 26 credits; 4-years each of English, Math, Science, Social Studies and three years of Language Other than English plus four advanced measures.
• Fine Arts Academy graduates are additionally required to complete a minimum of 6 fine art courses and participation in various fine arts events.