FAQs & Announcements
Scheduling & Calendar FAQ
Typically, students have 4 classes a day – either A day classes (periods 1 - 4 plus lunch and roundtable/advisory/FIT) or B day classes (periods 5 - 8 plus lunch and roundtable/advisory/FIT). Every once in awhile they have all 8 classes (C day) but those are usually held only the day before finals.
Mondays and Wednesdays are A days and Tuesdays and Thursdays are B days. Fridays are either A or B days (not always in a rotating pattern) and are announced ahead of time.
There is only one lunch period from 12:43-1:23. Everyone has the same lunch period.
Students can eat anywhere on campus–the cafeteria, the outdoor picnic tables, classrooms, hallways, etc. My child claims lines to purchase lunch are very long but I can’t confirm. There are several microwaves available. There is no eating in the library but students can usually go there after they are done eating.
Technology & Supplies FAQ
There isn’t usually a specific list. Each teacher may require something special, which will be made known to your student on their first day of that class (Monday for A classes and Tuesday for B classes).
Generally, on the first day your child should have a Chromebook or computer if they have one, something to write with and something to write on. A reusable water bottle and backpack to put it all in is a good idea.
Contacts / Volunteering FAQ
- All Students in Fine Arts Academy
(AP) Dr. Samuel Parrott - email@example.com
(Counselor) Shelley Goldstein - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Names A – E (not in FAA)
(AP) Tami Ballard - email@example.com
(Counselor) Loren Croom - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Names F – Lh (not in FAA)
(AP) Larry Featherstone - email@example.com
(Counselor) Cristela Garcia - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Names Li – Rn (not in FAA)
(AP) Teri Kirby - email@example.com
(Counselor) Marc Garcia - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 504 Coordinator: Josh Amy – email@example.com
- College and Career Counselor: Camille Nix – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal’s Admin Assistant: Bonnie Baker – email@example.com
- Guidance Secretary: Anita Canterbury – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate non-perishable snacks to the counselor’s office for hungry kids. Drop snacks off at the front office and say they are for the Counselor’s Snack Cupboard.
- Sign up to bring Wednesday night dinner to the students enrolled in the Twilight Credit Recovery Program.
- Sign up to treat a teacher during the year via the Secret Pals program.
- Donate HEB/Walmart/Shell Gas gift cards (preferably in $25 increments) to the school licensed mental health professional Karen McGarity. (You can drop them off in the office for her mailbox.)
- Donate to the MACares program
More questions? Email the PTSA or contact the school office.
- Mac Choir Fall Concert and Brownie Reception
- MacTheatre Presents SWEET CHARITY!
- Monthly CAC Meeting – October 2
- Blue Brigade Poinsettia Sale
- Art school reviews! Portfolio Knight
- Casino Night Homecoming!
- Fine Arts Academy 30th Anniversary Capital Campaign
- Support Project Graduation with a Senior Yard Sign
- PSAT Testing
- Twilight- Academic Support
- Be A Straight Shooting Knight- Try Archery!
- Cabo Bob’s to give 34% of purchase to McCallum Football
- The Beatles Classically with McCallum Orchestra and The EggMen
- Support Ballet Folklorico’s Efforts
- Secret Pals Needed!
- Donate to Support McCallum Dance!
- MAC Orchestra in concert with the Eggmen
- MAC Visual Arts Booster Club Meet & Greet
- MAC Visual Arts Booster Spirit Night at North Lamar P. Terry’s
- Be a MAC Staff Secret Pal!