FAQs & Announcements
Scheduling & Calendar FAQ
The bell schedule can be found here.
Please also visit the official McCallum High School website, where you can find the latest version of the AB calendar.
Typically, students have 4 classes a day – either A day classes (periods 1 - 4 plus lunch and roundtable/advisory/FIT) or B day classes (periods 5 - 8 plus lunch and roundtable/advisory/FIT). Every once in awhile they have all 8 classes (C day) but those are usually held only the day before finals.
Mondays and Wednesdays are A days and Tuesdays and Thursdays are B days. Fridays are either A or B days (not always in a rotating pattern) and are announced ahead of time.
There is only one lunch period from 12:43-1:23. Everyone has the same lunch period.
Students can eat anywhere on campus–the cafeteria, the outdoor picnic tables, classrooms, hallways, etc. My child claims lines to purchase lunch are very long but I can’t confirm. There are several microwaves available. There is no eating in the library but students can usually go there after they are done eating.
Technology & Supplies FAQ
There isn’t usually a specific list. Each teacher may require something special, which will be made known to your student on their first day of that class (Monday for A classes and Tuesday for B classes).
Generally, on the first day your child should have a Chromebook or computer if they have one, something to write with and something to write on. A reusable water bottle and backpack to put it all in is a good idea.
Contacts / Volunteering FAQ
- All Students in Fine Arts Academy:
(AP) Gabe Reyes email@example.com
(Counselor) Shelley Goldstein firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Names A – GO (not in FAA)
(AP) Andy Baxa email@example.com
(Counselor) Loren Croom firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Names GP – PA (not in FAA):
(AP) Larry Featherstone email@example.com
(Counselor) Cristela Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Names PE – Z (not in FAA):
(AP) Tammy Stone email@example.com
(Counselor) Marc Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
- 504 Coordinator: Josh Amy – email@example.com
- College and Career Counselor: Camille Nix – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal’s Admin Assistant: Bonnie Baker – email@example.com
- Guidance Secretary: Kerren Campa – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate non-perishable snacks to the counselor’s office for hungry kids. Drop snacks off at the front office and say they are for the Counselor’s Snack Cupboard.
- Sign up to bring Wednesday night dinner to the students enrolled in the Twilight Credit Recovery Program.
- Sign up to treat a teacher during the year via the Secret Pals program.
- Donate HEB/Walmart/Shell Gas gift cards (preferably in $25 increments) to the school licensed mental health professional Karen McGarity. (You can drop them off in the office for her mailbox.)
- Donate to the MACares program
More questions? Email the PTSA or contact the school office.
- McCallum Blue Brigade Spring Show April 14 & 15 – Tickets on Sale Now!
- MAC Visual Arts Booster Meeting – Monday, March 27 at 6:00 p.m.
- Davis Elementary Alumni Scholarship Application
- Spring 2023 Parent and Community Engagement Opportunities
- 2023 Highland Park Elementary (Austin ISD) PTA Scholarships
- Debate Team Fundraiser
- Summer Dance and Cheer Camps!
- 2023 Annual Clifton Plant Sale
- McCallum’s Knight Star Pageant
- McCallum/Lamar Disney Guitar Concert March 6
- 2023 Annual Clifton Plant Sale
- P. Terry’s Spirit Night Fundraiser
- Help the Class of 2023 Project Graduation Achieve Their Fundraising Goal!
- PTSA Needs You!
- Mac Link Crew
- AVID Scholarship Fundraiser – Donate if you can!
- Thank you McCallum Partners in Education
- Class of 2023 Project Graduation – Call to Action!
- MAC Visual Arts Booster Meeting
- Chaperones Needed for VASE Competition on Saturday, February 25