FAQs & Announcements
Scheduling & Calendar FAQ
Typically, students have 4 classes a day – either A day classes (periods 1 - 4 plus lunch and roundtable/advisory/FIT) or B day classes (periods 5 - 8 plus lunch and roundtable/advisory/FIT). Every once in awhile they have all 8 classes (C day) but those are usually held only the day before finals.
Mondays and Wednesdays are A days and Tuesdays and Thursdays are B days. Fridays are either A or B days (not always in a rotating pattern) and are announced ahead of time.
There is only one lunch period from 12:43-1:23. Everyone has the same lunch period.
Students can eat anywhere on campus–the cafeteria, the outdoor picnic tables, classrooms, hallways, etc. My child claims lines to purchase lunch are very long but I can’t confirm. There are several microwaves available. There is no eating in the library but students can usually go there after they are done eating.
Technology & Supplies FAQ
There isn’t usually a specific list. Each teacher may require something special, which will be made known to your student on their first day of that class (Monday for A classes and Tuesday for B classes).
Generally, on the first day your child should have a Chromebook or computer if they have one, something to write with and something to write on. A reusable water bottle and backpack to put it all in is a good idea.
Contacts / Volunteering FAQ
- All Students in Fine Arts Academy:
(AP) Gabe Reyes firstname.lastname@example.org
(Counselor) Shelley Goldstein email@example.com
- Last Names A – GO (not in FAA)
(AP) Andy Baxa firstname.lastname@example.org
(Counselor) Loren Croom email@example.com
- Last Names GP – PA (not in FAA):
(AP) Larry Featherstone firstname.lastname@example.org
(Counselor) Cristela Garcia email@example.com
- Last Names PE – Z (not in FAA):
(AP) Tammy Stone firstname.lastname@example.org
(Counselor) Marc Garcia email@example.com
- 504 Coordinator: Josh Amy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- College and Career Counselor: Camille Nix – email@example.com
- Principal’s Admin Assistant: Bonnie Baker – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guidance Secretary: Kerren Campa – email@example.com
- Donate non-perishable snacks to the counselor’s office for hungry kids. Drop snacks off at the front office and say they are for the Counselor’s Snack Cupboard.
- Sign up to bring Wednesday night dinner to the students enrolled in the Twilight Credit Recovery Program.
- Sign up to treat a teacher during the year via the Secret Pals program.
- Donate HEB/Walmart/Shell Gas gift cards (preferably in $25 increments) to the school licensed mental health professional Karen McGarity. (You can drop them off in the office for her mailbox.)
- Donate to the MACares program
More questions? Email the PTSA or contact the school office.
- Donations Needed! 2023 Project Graduation No-Fuss Fundraiser Launching Now…
- Juntos Conversation Circle to be Held at McCallum
- McCallum CAC Monthly Meeting, February 6 at 5:45pm in the school library
- Varsity Girls Basketball
- Ken Parmerter Memorial Scholarship
- McCallum 2023 FASHION SHOW! Get your tickets now!
- Attention Seniors Who Attended Lee Elementary School
- Mac Staff Secret Pals
- McCallum Fine Arts Academy Presents PIPPIN!
- Fine Arts Scholarships – Application Deadline April 1
- Tissue and Other Donations Needed
- MAC Junior Parent College Info Knight – January 18
- Senior Scholarship Opportunities
- Senior Yearbook Pictures – January 19-21
- McCallum Monthly CAC Meeting – Tuesday January 10
- MacGuitar Fundraiser – 50% Discount on Tickets to Austin Classical Guitar’s HOME Concert
- MAC Visual Arts Booster Spirit Night – February 8
- MAC Visual Arts Booster Club Meeting Jan 30
- MAC Dance Guild – Jason Deli’s Fundraiser
- PTSA Offers Scholarships