Ken Parmerter Memorial Scholarship — DUE 2/15/2023
The SEMI Texas Chapter and the SEMI Foundation are excited to offer the 2023 Ken Parmerter Memorial Scholarship again this year. The minimum $1,000 (or more) scholarships will be awarded to several deserving high school juniors or seniors who are planning to attend college following graduation and will be pursuing a technology-related field of study. The funds may be used at colleges or universities within the United States. The deadline for applications is February 15, 2023.
The winning recipient(s) must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be able to attend the award presentation scheduled in March or early April, either at their school or at the SEMI Texas Chapter Forum in Austin (date/location still TBA).
- Applicants are in their junior or senior year of high school in the Austin or Central Texas area and will be pursuing a technology-related field of study in College.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or better at their graduating high school or approved institution.
- Applicants must satisfactorily respond to the three essay questions listed in the link above.
- Applicants must include a letter of recommendation from a school faculty member or an academic adviser.
Required documents constitute this application: Cover letter, Resume, Letter of Recommendation, One page response to three essay questions
If awarded, a signed photo release from parent/guardian and student for press or media opportunities. View flyer here.