Things all McCallum parents should know:
- We have two websites for McCallum — the primary site managed by AISD and the school, and the PTSA site (this site). Austin ISD now maintains an official, district-sanctioned website for every campus, including McCallum. The new AISD-sponsored site can be found at mccallum.austinschools.org and includes information provided by the district or campus administrators. PTSA-related information, such as links to purchase booster club merchandise or tickets for events, etc. is available on the site you’re currently viewing.
- The MACKNIGHTLY weekly email newsletter brings you the most current news in a timely fashion. To subscribe, go to the bottom of any page on this web site and add in your information. Watch for a confirmation email and click the button in the email to confirm your subscription. Check your spam folder if you don’t start receiving newsletters. If you are having trouble with subscribing, or still aren’t getting newsletters, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that all articles published in the MacKnightly are also posted in our News section.
- Follow us on social media! Follow McCallum on Facebook (PTSA) and Twitter (administration). Join the McCallum Parent Facebook Group. Follow MacJournalism (student publications) on Instagram and Facebook. Also follow the Fine Arts Academy on Facebook (group) and Instagram. Follow MACares on Facebook. If you are a Google Calendar user, you may subscribe to the school calendar.
- Join the PTSA!
- Watch the MacKnightly Newsletter emails at the beginning of the school year to sign up to be a Secret Pal to a McCallum staff member!
- Encourage your child to GET INVOLVED. McCallum is a big school. Joining an organization makes it smaller. Encourage your child to listen to the announcements to hear about different clubs, organizations, and meetings. You can find a list of clubs and organizations here. Clubs and activities are varied. There is something for everyone!
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE INVOLVED! Now’s not the time for parents to walk away from their child’s school. Your kids need you more than ever and McCallum High School needs you more than ever. Contact the PTSA, the booster organizations of any activities your child is involved in, and/or watch the MacKnightly for opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be glad you did!
Volunteer Opportunities for Parents:
Plug into legislative actions for public schools in Austin ISD
Austin Council PTA (ACPTA) is building a resource pool and database of parents, educators, and community members interested in taking part in legislative actions throughout the current session and beyond. To determine your interest area, please fill out this survey....